Politics is a bunch of shit. Really, it is. But then so is pretty much everything else.
Where do i begin? I hate politics, and this is why I am starting this little blog. I hate politics so much I'm going to build my own manifesto. Problem is, I also hate pretty much everything else. Not in a teenage angsty way, or a middle-class-cunt-cum-lefty-activist way. In a much more primal way. I hate, quite frankly, everything about society, humanity, and life in general.
I hate it all because we are all such fucking morons. We make several pretty fundamental mistakes in our day to day fuckuppery. Firstly, we assume we matter. Secondly, we assume what we think and do matters. Third, we try our hardest to make everyone else tell us how much we say, think and do matters.
Why don't we matter? It's simple, really. I don't believe in god, magic, karma or fairies. This isn't an uncommon belief system anymore. But I go a little further than your average humanist or atheist. I don't believe in things like love (much to my wife's chagrin) - hold on, by that I mean this - I acknowledge that there is a psychological and physical state of being labelled as being 'in love', which is completely explainable through a nice set of pie charts and power-point presentations. Hormonal imbalance, preservation of the species, selfish gene, blah blah blah. We don't have souls. We are absolutely and merely corporeal things. Given the right tools and knowledge, I can make you love me.
Following this, I do not believe in morals - they are residue of ignorance and idiocy. I do not kill you, not because I believe it is wrong, but because I choose not to. I choose not to because I do not want to go to prison. My solution to this I will discuss later.
I suppose I'm a bit of a hedonist. Given that I don't believe in god, heaven, the eternal soul, or any metaphysical point to anything, what else is there but pleasure? I want to be happy, because my experience of happiness makes me feel better than my experiences of sadness, anger, fear, etc. Happiness is simply the label I put on the hormonal releases that occur which feel good. Should punching your face in illicit those same hormones, I'm going to do it.
Ok, so that's why we don't matter. We matter as much as the slug in the garden. We're just cogs and wheels. If every fucking human died tonight, shit would just carry on as normal. I don't matter any more than the value put on me by others, and even then, I don't really matter. I'm cool with that. Living has as much meaning as you put on it. If I wasn't married with kids, I'd probably watch porn all day and steal from mega-churches. I am, though, and have made the choice to give as much happiness as I can to those I possess a particular chemical imbalance towards.
However, even though I believe we don't matter, I am unfortunate enough to be stuck in a world restrained. All tenable land is occupied and owned by states that I am unable to conquer alone, and cannot therefore fuck off and live my Malthusian-anarchist wet dream. As I'm bloody stuck in society, and have chosen to be a reasonably productive member of it (philosophical treachery), I can try and change it a little bit. Or, maybe, a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment